The Infection Prevention Society, West Midlands Infection Prevention Group, and Public Health England (PHE)
Infection Today 2017
Date: 05 July 2017
Time: 08:30 until 16:30
Length: 1 day
Venue: Bethel Convention Centre, Birmingham
The conference will be of interest to Infection Control Nurses, Trainee Microbiologists, Microbiologists, Clinical Scientists, Infectious Diseases Physicians, GP’s, Clinicians, Pharmacists, PHE Staff, Quality & Patient Safety Leads, Medical and Nursing Training Leads, Health Improvement Specialists in Local Authorities, plus other professionals working within this field.
E.coli Bacteraemia Sessions
• Set the scene... current targets - microbiology - is it possible and why?
• An overview of E.coli bacteraemia in the community
• What’s really going on in Worcestershire? Overview and findings of the surveillance program in Worcestershire
• E.coli – Acute trust perspective…
• Quality initiatives – addressing the problem – hydration - health economy approach
Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Sessions
• Epidemiology of AMR
• National actions to tackle antimicrobial resistance
• PHE North West centre’s experience of coordinating UK AMR strategy work
• Reducing inappropriate prescribing in primary and secondary care - the pharmacists view
• RCGP Toolkit: Treat Antibiotics Responsibly, Guidance, Education, Tools (TARGET) for Primary Care
• Tackling AMR in dentistry
• And more!
Programme sessions, themes and workshops
Contact Information:For further information, application, registration and booking forms, please apply to the event organiser:
Name: Laura Cassidy
Please note: There are a number of free places available. Once the free places fill, members and non-members can still attend at the price of £30.
Continuing Education Accreditation
CPD accreditation is being applied for.
Submitted by Laura Cassidy on Friday, 14 April, 2017 12:04:48 GMT